Improved reports printing, MongoDB support, deterministic characteristics for ValentinaDB and more.
The company announces updates and improvements to almost all products in the Valentina product line.
Valentina Studio 13.5
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS. Valentina Studio Pro 13.5 adds several new and useful features, including:
SQL Editor is now renamed and referred to as Query Editor.
Valentina Studio 13.5 for Windows, macOS and Linux is licensed but free. Valentina Studio Pro is $199 per OS license and includes 12 months of free updates. Valentina Studio UNIVERSAL 13 is a single license that works on all three operating systems and licensed on a user basis.
Valentina Server 13.5
Valentina Server incorporates Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Forms Server and two database servers: Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Available for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry PI. Valentina Server is licensed as a single deployment product. It is also available as a part of Valentina Developer Network, an OEM solution for software developers to deploy copies of Valentina Server to their customers at no additional cost.
- [New] ValentinaDB Server UDFs. Deterministic levels for UDFs or Deterministic Characteristic for ValentinaDB as per kernel improvements in ValentinaDB.
- [Imp] ValentinaDB Kernel Improvements. Using more std containers, algorithms instead of own solutions, String class improvements added at the kernel level.
Valentina Reports ADK 13.5
Valentina Reports cross platform reports system is available in Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Reports ADK for embedding a reporting system into applications and Valentina Studio as a reports authoring, testing and deployment platform.
- [New] Content of text controls (text field, expression field, label) can be printed on multiple pages if it doesn't fit on one page. This behavior is controlled by the following options of the spllit_type property: Split by Line, Split by Paragraph
ValentinaDB ADK 13.5
ValentinaDB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications) are available for developers to add support for ValentinaDB in applications.
- [New] Deterministic levels for UDFs. Deterministic Characteristic for ValentinaDB added at the kernel level. See Deterministic Characteristics on the Valentina Wiki.
- [Imp] Internal performance. Using more std containers, algorithms instead of own solutions, String class improvements added at the kernel level.
Valentina ADK for Xojo 13.5
The Xojo development environment supports multiple compile targets, including macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and more. You can find the iOS example projects within the downloadable archive.
- [Imp] Added VDatabase.JournalFolder property. It can be useful for applications distributed via the Mac App Store. macOS may not allow the creation of the journal file near the database file, so it can be created, for example, in the Application Support folder.
Valentina Projects can include example databases, example reports and example forms systems that work within most Valentina products.
Database Documentation Generator
A special project which produces a report with a description of all major DB objects for the following databases: ValentinaDB, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL. It is based on Valentina Reports. Find documentation on the wiki: Database Documentation Project.
- [Valentina Studio (free version)] version users can adjust the datasource and generate predefined reports without modifications
- [Valentina Studio PRO] owners can modify the original .vsp project to their needs
About Paradigma Software
Paradigma Software Incorporated was established in 1998 as an Oregon, USA based corporation. Paradigma Software launched its first product, the post-relational, columnar database technology Valentina, based on the groundbreaking work of Ruslan Zasukhin in advanced database research. Mr Zasukhin's research was to develop a database system that bypassed the severe constraints on traditional relational database systems as they grow in size and complexity. ValentinaDB maximizes available resources by making data based tasks extremely fast and efficient. Since then, it launched a suite of developer tools that include support for most popular database management systems, reporting and visual forms.