Updated ultra fast columnar database technology, and the cross-platform database reporting solution for Windows and Mac OS.
Paradigma Software announces the release of Valentina DB 4.2, the ultra fast columnar database for business and developers, and Valentina Reports 4.2, the cross-platform database reporting solution for Windows and Mac OS. Valentina Database Technology Release 4.2 includes several key new features and dozens of user requested improvements to all Valentina DB products.
Valentina DB 4.2 New Features and Products
- Recursive SQL Query Improvements. You can now work with ancestors in hierarchical data, along with SQL [TO|ON] LAST LEVEL.
- Pools of Queries. Set Properties for pools of queries as well as diagnostic tools for working with pools of queries
- PHP Data Objects for Valentina Server. Developing web applications becomes more flexible with support for PHP Data Objects, a modern, lightweight database framework.
- Valentina for Shockwave for Mac OS X and Windows. Newly updated to support the most recent version of Adobe Director, build clients that work within all major web browsers and the Adobe Shockwave Player.
- Speed Improvements. A collection of enhancements and fixes improve the speed of some operations by 20%.
Valentina DB 4.2 also incorporates dozens of user requested improvements and fixes to improve overall robustness on all three operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Valentina ODBC for Mac OS is a brand new product, available as a Valentina ADK or as a part of Valentina Developer Network. With Valentina ODBC for Mac OS X, it is possible for ODBC aware applications to treat a Valentina database as a data source. For example, it is possible then for Filemaker database solutions to use Valentina Office Server as a data source, allowing Filemaker applications to make use of the superior server-side performance of Valentina Server.
Valentina for iPhone Client Library is now a free part of Valentina ADK for Cocoa. Also available as a part of Valentina Developer Network, Valentina for iPhone Client Library allows native iPhone applications to access data on Valentina Office Server or Valentina Embedded Server. iPhone developers can test the client library within the iPhone simulator in the iPhone SDK.
Valentina DB based products include Valentina ADK and Valentina Developer Network for developers desiring to incorporate the incredibly fast Valentina DB into their applications. VDN also allows royalty free deployment of Valentina Embedded Server. Developer solutions start at $199 for every major development environment on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, including iPhone deployment.
Valentina Reports 4.2 New Features
Valentina Reports 4.2 is also available, with significant new features and improvements both in Valentina Reports developer toolkit and also the report editor in Valentina Studio Pro. New features and improvements include:
- Conditional Formatting. It is now possible to format reports based on report conditions.
- Calculations and SUMs. New expression features are now available in both group and column footers in reports.
- Report Preview Engine. A new, faster preview engine allows much improved performance in creating and previewing reports.
- User Interface Improvements. New splitters and menu items in the Project tab and Reports Editor make options easier to understand and new features more accessible.
"Many features we have wanted in database reports were implemented in Valentina Reports (for example the new formatting patterns for numbers and dates). There isn't a better, seamless database and reporting business intelligence solution available for REALbasic development," said Fabian Eschrich, chief developer of FAESCH Software, a cross-platform developer of enterprise class business software products for Mac OS X and Windows.
Valentina Reports is a powerful, visual report creation and generation engine that drops right into the Valentina DB kernel and generates charts, graphs, complex layouts of data with groups and sub-reports, PDFs and more - available on Windows and Mac OS X and for every major development environment - from .net to Cocoa applications on Mac OS X. Unlimited Report deployment is available for as little as $200.
Valentina DB 4.2 and Valentina Reports 4.2 are immediately available for download from the Paradigma Software website.