Paradigma Software announces Release 12 of its data driven solutions, database and reporting tools, including support for the document-centric MongoDB Database
The company announces updates and improvements across all tools, servers and developer solutions. These include:
Valentina Studio 12
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS (Intel and ARM) in four versions: Free, Single, Pro and Universal. Valentina Studio Free is available at no cost, but licensed. Valentina Studio Single ($79) supports a single database type, selecting from MySQL / MariaDB, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and SQLite. Valentina Studio Pro ($199) supports all databases including with Valentina Studio 12, MongoDB, plus adds project based features including Forms, Reports, Diagramming and more. Valentina Studio Universal ($399) has all of the features of Valentina Studio Pro plus a flexible license that allows a single user to use it on macOS, Windows and Linux.
Valentina Studio 12 includes two powerful new features:
- [New] MongoDB Support. The first NON-SQL database in Valentina Studio includes support for the document-centric database, including:
- MongoDB Schema Editor.
- MongoDB Command Editor. Write and execute commands with results, logs and analysis.
- MongoDB Collection Editor. Directly edit document collections within Valentina for MongoDB in the MongoDB Collection Editor.
- MongoDB Server Admin. Monitor connections and users of a registered MongoDB Server.
MongoDB from Mongo Inc is a source-available cross-platform document-oriented database program. Classified as a NoSQL database program, MongoDB uses JSON-like documents with optional schemas. MongoDB stores documents that can have varied structures and does not require a schema, so you do not have to define the structure of your database first. You can add new fields at any time and use any type of value. Related data can be stored together to improve speed of queries.
- [New] [PRO Only] Workspaces. Custom, “clean room” management of collections of tools, connections, settings and more, including Bookmarks, SQL Snippets, Recent databases, Recent projects, Open connections, Open local databases and Query log. All Workspaces can be synchronized with the cloud storage (e.g. iCloud, Dropbox, etc) if you have enabled this option in the preferences.
All versions of Valentina Studio include several other improvements, including improvements to bookmarks, tool tips, and exporting bookmarks and snippets.
Valentina DB is Paradigma Software advanced, object-relational database and available in Valentina DB Server (a part of Valentina Server) and Valentina DB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications). ValentinaDB includes two technology advances:
- [New][SQL] Create JOINs between two different databases
- [New][SQL] Triggers on Links. You can CREATE TRIGGER, which will work on LINK / UNLINK commands – events
Support for these features are also included in working with other Paradigma Software technologies including Valentina Reports and Valentina Forms.
ValentinaDB is available in three products:
- Valentina Studio 12, for creation, coding, previewing, testing, printing and administering ValentinaDB databases
- Valentina Server 12, as a built in component ValentinaDB Server 12
- ValentinaDB ADK 12, a developer deployable engine that enables embedding the ValentinaDB engine into their applications
ValentinaDB ADK 12 (starting at $199) for embedding a reporting system into applications with support for C, C++, Java, Python, ODBC, Xojo, LiveCode and more. Some versions are also available for Raspbian on the ARM7 Raspberry PI platform.
Valentina 12 products are immediately available for download from the Paradigma Software website. You can also read the announcement on the Paradigma Software forum.