Paradigma Software announces Valentina Release 13 with improvements to Valentina Studio and Valentina Server
The company announces updates and improvements across all tools, servers and developer solutions. These include:
Valentina Studio 13
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS (Intel and ARM) in four versions: Free, Single, Pro and Universal. Valentina Studio Free is available at no cost, but licensed. Valentina Studio Single ($79) supports a single database type, selecting from MySQL / MariaDB, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite and MongoDB. Valentina Studio Pro ($199) supports all databases including with Valentina Studio 13, including project based features including Forms, Reports, Diagramming and additional productivity features. Valentina Studio Universal ($399) has all of the features of Valentina Studio Pro plus a flexible license that allows a single user to use it on macOS, Windows and Linux.
Valentina Studio 13 includes two powerful new features:
- [New] Workspace States. Workspaces already enabled saving collections of tools and preferences by name for building powerful toolkits around each project you have. These include: Bookmarks, SQL Snippets, Recent databases, Recent projects, Open connections, Open local databases and Query log. Valentina Studio Pro 13 adds:
- Tabs. All tabs open and in the correct order in the Valentina Studio main window.
- Editors. All editors and their positions appear in the position saved to the named Workspace.
- Connections. Any saved connections to databases are automatically reconnected on relaunch with the Workspace.
- [New] Better MongoDB Support. Valentina Studio 12 introduced support for MongoDB. Valentina Studio 13 adds additional support:
- MongoDB Diagramming. Valentina Studio Schema Editor diagramming now works with MongoDB
- MongoDB Productivity. Opening and working with MongoDB is faster and more productive in the Schema and SQL Editors.
MongoDB from Mongo Inc is a source-available cross-platform document-oriented database program. Classified as a NoSQL database program, MongoDB uses JSON-like documents with optional schemas. MongoDB stores documents that can have varied structures and does not require a schema, so you do not have to define the structure of your database first. You can add new fields at any time and use any type of value. Related data can be stored together to improve speed of queries.
Valentina Studio 13 also includes several additional productivity improvements, such as faster filtering in Tree Mode, sorting Bookmarks and more.
Valentina Server 13
Valentina Server is a data platform which includes several servers, including Valentina Reports Server (for serving reports from all supported data sources) Valentina Forms Server (for serving forms from all supported data sources to 'clients' running Valentina Studio) and two database servers: ValentinaDB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Valentina Server is available as a standalone product or as a part of VDN, a developer solution for deploying an unlimited number of copies of Valentina Server to customers as a part of a custom solution). Valentina Server 13 adds the following new features:
- Server Split Log. Enables splitting of the log-file to avoid lengthy logs. The default value is true, so that the server checks the length of the current log file every 5 minutes and if its length is greater than 20MB, starts a new log.
- Status of SSL Certificate. All ADK Clients (the free portion of the native API component for working with Valentina Server) can store and check the status of the SSL certificate in order to increase security and diagnose networking issues)
- Slow Query Time Tracking. Any SQL query which takes more than this time (in seconds) will be treated as slow and will come to the slow-query dedicated log file.
- Table Permissions. In addition to database and project level permissions, it is now possible to grant privileges on a per table basis.
Valentina DB is Paradigma Software advanced, object-relational database and available in Valentina DB Server (a part of Valentina Server) and Valentina DB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications). ValentinaDB on macOS now supports a lock file policy for MacOS + “remote file system” (NAS, flash-drive).
Support for these features are also included in working with other Paradigma Software technologies including Valentina Reports and Valentina Forms.
ValentinaDB is available in three products:
- Valentina Studio 13, for creation, coding, previewing, testing, printing and administering ValentinaDB databases
- Valentina Server 13, as a built in component ValentinaDB Server 13
- ValentinaDB ADK 13, a developer deployable engine that enables embedding the ValentinaDB engine into their applications
ValentinaDB ADK 13 (starting at $199) for embedding a reporting system into applications with support for C, C++, Java, Python, ODBC, Xojo, LiveCode and more. Some versions are also available for Raspbian on the ARM7 Raspberry PI platform.
Valentina 13 products are immediately available for download from the Paradigma Software website. You can also read the announcement on the Paradigma Software forum.